Surf Lessons in Lahaina
The beaches in Lahaina are some of the best on the island of Maui. They are perfect for swimming, snorkeling and also surfing. If you want to learn how to surf then you can try the Surf Lessons in Lahaina. These lessons will help you learn what you need to be able to ride the waves of Maui. Surfers flock Lahaina since there are multiple beaches here that are perfect for surfing.
Puamana Beach County Park is one of those places. Puamana is a narrow sand beach that is located south of downtown Lahaina. Swimming and snorkeling here are not that good since the bottom is too shallow and it extends to the edge of the reef. However, this place is perfect for beginner surfers. This is because the waves are not too big and easier to catch. Lahaina Breakwall is located just south of the Lahaina Harbor’s boating channel. This surfing spot attracts beginners and intermediate surfers since it is perfect for both skill levels. The inner right wave is where most surf schools have their lessons since the waves are small enough for beginners and first-timers. The outer wave or the Breakwall is where the intermediate surfers catch waves. The waves here are larger and if you aren’t an experienced surfer then you should stick to spectating.
There are different types of surf lessons in Lahaina. There are private, semi-private and group lessons. The group lessons are open to other students who also signed up for the lesson. These people are also from other groups. The Semi-private ones consist of one instructor and people from your personal group. The private ones are between one instructor and one student. The winter months bring with it a new level of danger. Always exercise caution when venturing out even in beginner surf spots since the waves get bigger in the winter.
Here is a list of the different options for Surf Lessons in Lahaina.
- Lahaina – Private Surf Lesson – Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy
- Lahaina – Group Surf Lesson – Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy
- Lahaina – Semi Private Surf Lesson – Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy
- Lahaina – Semi and Private Stand Up Paddle – Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy
- Group Lesson – Outrageous Surf School
- Stand Up Paddle- Semi Private – Outrageous Surf School on Maui
- Stand Up Paddle – Private – Outrageous Surf School on Maui
- Private 2 Hour Lesson – Outrageous Surf School
- Semi Private Lesson – Outrageous Surf School
- Stand Up Paddle – Group Lesson – Outrageous Surf School on Maui