KAANAPALI WHALE WATCHING
Maui is home to plenty of unique and beautiful wildlife. They are some of the main points of the activities you can do in Maui. One of the most famous are the seasonal visitors that visit Hawaii during the cold winter months. These are the North Pacific Humpback Whales. Kaanapali Whale Watching is a staple of activities to do in Maui even though it is only available during the winter months. These kinds of activities are open between November and May.
The whales leave their subarctic homes for the warmer Hawaiian waters during the winter months. They have been visiting Hawaii as far back as the Ancient Polynesian era, 1-600 AD. The North Pacific Humpback Whales have three groups or populations. These are called stocks. The whales that visit Hawaii are part of the Central North Pacific stock that migrate between Alaska and Hawaii yearly.
There are two ways you can Whale Watch in Kaanapali. You can do this on a boat or on the beach. If you prefer doing this on the beach then you can sit down on the Kaanapali Beach and bring binoculars since the whales are gonna be a few hundred feet offshore. If you want to get up close and personal with these giants, then you can choose from the many boats that offer tours on Kaanapali.
Here is a list of the different options for Whale Watching in Kaanapali.
- Whale Watch From Kaanapali – Trilogy Excursions
- Private Charter Snorkel/Whale and Dolphin Watch – Kaanapali Ocean Adventures
- Private Morning Whale Watch – Kainani Maui Sailing Charters
- Private Whale Watching – Privacy Charters
- Sunset Whale Watch Dinner – Hula Girl
- Sunset Whale Watch – Hula Girl
- Whale Watch PM – Teralani on Maui
- Whale Watch AM – Teralani
- Whale Watch – Early Bird – Teralani
- Private Whale Watch – Wake Maui
- Whale Watch Morning – Gemini Charters
- Whale Watch Afternoon – Gemini Charters
Jeremy Stice is the Author of the Maui Real Estate Guidebook.
Sign up to our newsletter to recieve updates.