Fishing Tours in Maalaea
Fishing has been a part of the Hawaiian culture for many years. If you want to try your hand at this age-long tradition then you can join the Fishing Tours in Maalaea. These fishing tours will take you to some of the best fishing grounds on this side of the island of Maui. You don’t have to worry about your gear, the boats will provide you with all the gear you need. They have the bait, tackle and other equipment you need for a fishing trip. There are two types of fishing tours in Maalaea. There are the bottom fishing ones and the deep sea fishing ones.
Bottom fishing is when you use a weight to bring your hook with your bait down to the ocean floor. You then wait until you catch something and pull it in. This is usually done in shallow waters. The types of fish you can catch here are Ta’ape, Gray Snapper, Hawaiian Hogfish, Ulua, Amberjack, and Trevally. Deep sea fishing is when you fish in deeper waters. Because the ocean bottom in Maui dips into a deep trench just a few miles offshore, you don’t need to travel that far to do some deep sea fishing. This type of fishing usually catches the bigger fish. You can catch some Yellowfin Tuna or Ahi, Skipjack Tuna or Aku, Blue Marlins, Mahi Mahi, Ono or Wahoo, Sailfish and Striped Marlin. Some people even catch sharks. The captains will either let you keep what you catch or share it with everyone on board. You can also do these tours as a private fishing trip or with other people on the boat.
Here is a list of the different options for Fishing Tours in Maalaea.
- Bottom Fishing – Aloha Blue Charters
- Private Charter (Pamela) – Maui Fun Charters
- Bottom Fishing Share Boat (Marjorie Ann) – Maui Fun Charters
- Share Boat (Pamela) – Maui Fun Charters
- Bottom Fishing Private Charter (Marjorie Ann) – Maui Fun Charters
- Shared Fishing Charter – Rascal Sportfishing
- Private Fishing Charter – Rascal Sportfishing
- Bottom or Sport Fishing 2 to 5 Hour – Strike Zone Sportfishing
- Bottom / Sport Fishing – Strike Zone Sport Fishing