FISHING TOURS IN LAHAINA
Hawaii is known for its great ocean life. This is why fishing is top notch here. Fishing Tours in Lahaina are some of the best fishing you can get on the island. Guests from over the world come back time and time again to experience the thrill of landing a catch. The waters around Maui house some of the most diverse and numerous marine life. Because of how the ocean bottom of Maui is shaped, fishing here is varied and easily done. There are different types of fishing in Maui. There’s deep sea fishing and bottom fishing.
Bottom fishing is when you use a weight to bring your hook with your bait down to the ocean floor. You then wait until you catch something and pull it in. This is usually done in shallow waters. The types of fish you can catch here are Ta’ape, Gray Snapper, Hawaiian Hogfish, Ulua, Amberjack, and Trevally. Deep sea fishing is when you fish in deeper waters. Because the ocean bottom in Maui dips into a deep trench just a few miles offshore, you don’t need to travel that far to do some deep sea fishing. This type of fishing usually catches the bigger fish. You can catch some Yellowfin Tuna or Ahi, Skipjack Tuna or Aku, Blue Marlins, Mahi Mahi, Ono or Wahoo, Sailfish and Striped Marlin. Some people even catch sharks.
Here is a list of the different options for Fishing Tours in Lahaina.
- Inshore Fishing – UFO Parasail
- Private Boat Charters – Hinatea Sport Fishing
- Hinatea Fishing – Hinatea Sport Fishing
- 4 Hour Trip on Luckey Strike – Luckey Strike Fishing Charters
- 8 Hour Trip on Luckey Strike – Luckey Strike Fishing Charters
- 6 Hour Trip on Luckey Strike – Luckey Strike Fishing Charters
- Shared Charters – Start Me Up Sportfishing on Maui
- Private Charters – Start Me Up Sportfishing on Maui
Jeremy Stice is the Author of the Maui Real Estate Guidebook.
Sign up to our newsletter to recieve updates.