DIVING IN LAHAINA
Maui is considered as a haven for people who like being in the water. With the crystal clear waters around Maui and the abundance of marine life, the underwater world of Maui is as beautiful as the one above the ground. You can try Diving in Lahaina to get a glimpse of this beautiful world. Most of these tours require a diving license. However, there is an open water referral in Lahaina. This is an easy way for aspiring divers to get their license while here in Maui. You can do the class work and the pool work sections at home and finish the course in Maui. You will do the required 4 dives in Maui in 2 days. 2 beach dives on the first day and 2 ocean dives on the second day. They also need a referral form from your previous instructor or a logbook. After you finish the required dives, they can issue you a PADI(Professional Association of Dive Instructors) or an SDI(SCUBA Diving International) certification.
For those who are certified divers, you can choose from the other tours available. There are tours that will take you diving to the best places in Maui. Examples of these places are Lanai, Molokini and its back wall, Molokai, and the West Maui coastline. You can go diving near the Carthaginian II. The Carthaginian II is a replica of a whaling ship in Lahaina. It was a floating museum from 1973 until 2005 when it was sunk to create an artificial reef. Divers like this dive since it is easier than most. There’s excellent visibility here, up to 100 meters. You might even get a chance to see the Atlantis Submarine drifting through during one of their underwater tours.
Here is a list of the different options for Diving in Lahaina.
- Open Water Referral – Extended Horizons
- Carthaginian Afternoon 2 Tank Dive – Extended Horizons
- Night Shore Dive – Extended Horizons
- Morning Lanai Trip – Extended Horizons
- Certified Beach Dive – Extended Horizons
- Intro Beach Dive – Extended Horizons
- 2 Tank Lanai Diving – Hawaiian Rafting Adventures
- Certified 4 Tank Lanai – Carthaginian – Lahaina Divers on Maui
- Cert 2 Tank Hammerhead Site – Lahaina Divers on Maui
- Cert 2 Tank Molokini- Lahaina Divers
- Certified 2 Tank Turtle Reef Dive – Lahaina Divers
- Certified 4 Tank Backwall – Turtle Reef – Lahaina Divers on Maui
- Cert 2 Tank Lanai- Lahaina Divers
- Discover Intro Diving – Lahaina Divers
- Certified 4 Tank Molokini – Turtle Reef- Lahaina Divers on Maui
- Cert 2 Tank Molokini Back Wall – Lahaina Divers
- Two-Tank Carthaginian – Lahaina Divers
- Certified 4 Tank Lanai -Turtle Reef – Lahaina Divers on Maui
Jeremy Stice is the Author of the Maui Real Estate Guidebook.
Sign up to our newsletter to recieve updates.